Transition regulations control the physical relationship of buildings and lot improvements, in designated zones, to reduce potential impacts on existing neighbors in adjacent zones.
Potential impacts intended to be avoided by transition regulations include, but are not limited to:
- Dramatic contrasts in height between new buildings, within subject zones;
- Existing buildings within the surrounding zones; and
- The creation of preventable building shadowing.
For more information on the following topics, please see the corresponding referenced sections:
- General Regulations for Zone to Zone Transitions – Subtitle B § 326
- General Conditions for Transition Regulations – Subtitle B § 327